One Week Down, Eleven More to Go!

I have finished the 1st week of this Journey! I would like to give myself  a round of applause. I made it without any soda, alcohol or junk food! I have endured four crazy workouts, some of which caused tunnel vision, and 7 other less intense bouts of exercise. So to myself, I say "way to go"!


This week began with yoga on Sunday, which was a perfect way to kick things off. I love having yoga available again! It was so nice to set my intention for the week. To know that this was going to be challenging on so many levels, but with breath comes strength to persevere. 

I had my first training session with my amazing trainer Ethan Townsend on Monday. It taught several things. Perhaps most importantly, never leave my inhaler at home! With in the first five minutes, and only shortly after his warning to alert him if I was experiencing nausea or dizziness, I experienced tunnel vision. We stopped and walked to allow me to recover, and then got right back to it. We may have only worked together for 30 min. but I needed an additional 20 min after to stop shaking and feel like I could safely drive Mason and myself home. Once home, I put Mason in the stroller and grabbed my puppy to head out on a walk. It was such a beautiful day; before I knew it we had covered 7 miles. This would have been more than enough activity normally, but Mondays are my reformer Pilates standing lesson, so off I went! 

I absolutely love my Pilates instructor Becca, she pushes me so hard! If you want to redefine your core she is the woman to make it happen, check her out here. She knows that I began this competition and I informed her all about my earlier training experience, but did she show mercy? Heck NO! In fact this weeks lesson had me doing snake. See below, imagine the hips lift high to pull hands toward feet and back out.




Yeah, Monday was crazy! That was just the beginning.

Tuesday I took my first Small Group Training Class (SGT) of Women's Fitness. As part of the competition we will participate in a new class each month. This class meets every Tuesday and Thursday for the next four weeks. It was a really hard workout, and great to see the two other females from Dare to Lose enrolled in the SGT with me.  A great class because even though we are all different fitness levels, we all did a serious workout. By the end of this workout my arms were completely fatigued and by Wednesday I was sore when I was sitting, not moving, just sitting. So I decided to take a rest day to recover.

Thursday it was back to Women's Fitness with Jennifer Applegate (she rocks btw)  and the work out really amped up! My average heart rate on Tuesday was 117 bpm and at this class it was 137 bpm. That means that on Thursday I burned 498 cal. during the hour, that is 100 more than on Tuesday! I have no doubt that by the end of this month my strength will greatly improve.

Friday I met once again with Ethan. Ouch! It hurts so good. They kept saying "you are going to be sore". I thought "I am fit, I workout, I might be a little sore" I HAD NO IDEA! It is a good sore. Knowing that it is all working, and although I know it will get worse before it gets better. I know:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story

Dare to Lose Participant Bio

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly