Legs of Lead

My trainer Ethan at the end of my St. Patty's Day Booty Whoopin'!
I began Sunday with morning yoga. Unfortunately I was hoping for something my class did not bring. I mean it was still yoga, and good for me, but just not what I wanted. It was a beautiful day so I decided to make good on my promise to start running. My husband took the kids and dog to the park, and I was set to run there and meet them. I got all packed up and was finally ready to go. 

My run started all full of promise and hope. It ended with despair and disappointment. (Perhaps I am exaggerating and being a bit melodramatic.) I am trying to kick a head cold that seems determined to hit my lungs, and that didn't help. The bigger problem was my legs. I swear by the end of 2.6 miles I couldn't hardly move them. I felt like I had cement blocks on my feet. The workout we went through on Saturday completely hit my legs and I woke up sore, hence the yoga, but I was hoping the run would help me feel better. Nope! 

I was so exhausted that I was asleep by 9 pm, I didn't even say goodnight to my family. (Sorry honey) Today it was time for my first training with Ethan in over a week. It was great. He pushes me so hard, and my arms were shaky for 20 min after we were finished. I know that with his help I will get where I want to go! 

As for the run, they can't all be great. I know that running on exhausted legs will help them get stronger. It will most likely be how they feel at mile 20 and beyond, and so it is good for me. I will just try to keep this in mind when it gets tough...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story

Dare to Lose Participant Bio

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly