"The Good, the bad and the Ugly" just got a whole lot better!

Keeping this as a Mantra this weekend!

I had the opportunity to have another fitness assessment this week and I am so happy with my results. This assessment could not have come at a better time as my weight loss this two weeks isn't reflecting the work I have done. If you are undergoing a weight loss journey I highly recommend getting fitness assessments along the way. They offer a great way to look at your overall health and fitness levels which is so much more than just the number on the scale, and let's be honest the scale doesn't always impart great news. If it weren't for this assessment I could easily have walked away from my weigh in discouraged instead, I am riding high!

Doing this assessment also gave my trainer and I an opportunity to discuss the psychology of weight loss and working out. He told me that people hit a mental block at two weeks and at six weeks. After two weeks on a program that has been adhered to strictly a person will feel empowered to cheat "I have done so well, I deserve this" kind of thinking, and at six weeks a person will start to get board and feel ready to cheat in an "I earned this" kind of thinking. I admit I definitely hit both of those. I had a hard time with diet last week, and that is okay. I have done much better this week, and that is part of integrating a lifestyle change. My takeaway from this conversation is that I am behaving normally, but I need to keep it in control. It is a slippery slope, so I need to be careful.
Not so easy

Back to my results! I am so happy with the amount of improvement that is quantifiable. My blood pressure went from 108/64 to 102/53. My flexibility improved from a fair rating of 11.6 to average at 13.5, so I would still like to improve by another 2 inches to be in the "good" category. My Strength has greatly improved. I was fair with a bicep strength of 35 lbs to begin and in two months I have improved to good with a strength of 58 lbs. I am really happy with that number. Next comes my cardiovascular fitness rating through VO2 max I started with a fair rating of 29.9 and have moved all the way to very good with my current measurement at 42.5. That is huge! I am two points away from being in the elite category. As a runner this is the most important to me. VO2 max is a measure of aerobic capacity, or how efficiently your body uses oxygen during exercise. My body fat % has also greatly improved. I started with a lean body mass of 103 lbs and a body fat % of 35% now my lean body mass is 106 lbs and I have a body fat % of 29%. I think that is a great improvement.

I look forward to seeing the final numbers in a month. It is great motivation to push hard to the end, and get as much out of this last month as possible. I am feeling renewed and ready to finish strong! I got this.
Yes!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story

Dare to Lose Participant Bio

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly