Who Am I? Really...

I generally like to consider myself rather self sufficient and independent, but after this week perhaps I need to do some soul searching for an updated view of myself. My husband, Matt, is out of town on business all week. In the five years he has had this job this is only the second time he has ever had to travel, and the last time my daughter and I were able to go. This is really the first time that I have ever been alone in our house with kids at night. He takes a week long fishing/camping trip with his dad some years, but I usually take that time to go visit family in South Dakota with my mom. This is a whole new experience. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but I find it unsettling. I guess it is just that we feel incomplete without him. 
Our 6th anniversary Oct 2013 after the slide at the end of the New Belgium Brewery Tour
It isn't that I can't do it by myself, but I don't like it. I have always had a great appreciation for my friends that have to go it alone. They are strong fierce women, but I am truly grateful that I have the support of an amazing husband and father. 

I have managed to get through two of the five days, a couple cases of the "terrible twos", two workouts, the car not starting so had to run my kindergartner to school, and everyone has been fed and bathed. I also managed to go well beyond my 10,000 step goal both days, while staying within my 1400 cal goal. All in all I say that is a win. I am unsure how my weigh in will go this weekend. I was down 3 lbs at the end of last week, but back up the same 3 lbs today. Stress? Dehydration? Who knows. 

I guess no matter what the scale says I know that I have done some transforming. I am getting a better understanding of who I really am right now. I am a mom, a wife, and very happy to be part of my family. I am also very committed to making good choices for my body and my health. I will get my workouts in, even if it means taking my two year old to my private Pilates lesson (thanks Becca!). I will get through this week, it is almost halfway over already...hurry home my love! Please!

I like it better when we are all together.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story

Dare to Lose Participant Bio

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly