Healing starts with Forgiveness and...good food.

This April 2017 new moon in Taurus brings energy for healing and manifestation. For me the healing begins with forgiveness. Forgiveness that I am human, and I make mistakes in order to learn and become the brightest expression of my soul. It seems easier to forgive others actions and aggression's against me, and so much harder to find that same compassion for myself. I will forever be a work in progress, and that is a beautiful thing.


Seeking my strength!

I have found myself struggling with the gravity of the current government situation and looming threat of Nuclear War. It is disheartening, and yet there is no option to give up or stick my head in the sand. I am trying to find forgiveness of myself for my current withdrawal from activism. Instead I have focused my energy on plunging deeply into training for my upcoming Half Marathon and Olympic Triathlon. It is imperative that I care for my physical body in order to summon the strength to keep up the #Resistance. I am pretty proud of the effort that I have put in to this over the past month, so I am awarding myself a gold star!
Heck Yeah!

On to the good food! Tonight was one of those nights, "what am I making for dinner?" "Uhg, boneless skinless chicken breasts need to be cooked. How am I going to make those taste good?"
Luckily I had recently purchased some miso paste, and had no idea why, so I started googling recipes for Miso Marinated Chicken. I ended up combining ideas from four or five different recipes. I am going to post what I did here for you all to enjoy. This was an absolutely amazing meal, and luckily I had everything I needed in my pantry and fridge. I was also able to make it gluten free.

Miso Glazed Chicken on Sprouted Quinoa Trio with Fresh Pineapple Teriyaki Glazed Sugar Snap Peas


I started with preparing the glaze, I didn't have time to marinate it, I just mixed it up and baked. I will marinate it next time for at least an hour. However, it was flavorful and juicy even with out the marinade. I mixed the glaze and dipped the chicken, set the breasts on the broiling pan, and baked for 20 min at 375 degrees.

Then I started the Quinoa and cooked as directed.

I had bought a whole pineapple last week with again, no plan, and still had over a cup of pieces that were overripe. I wanted to do something with them and found a bag of sugar snap peas. Since the flavors of the miso chicken were in line with a light teriyaki I thought that would pair nicely. It really did, and it made a nice sauce to add over the chicken and quinoa too.

Recipe:

Miso Ginger Glaze - Gluten Free

2 tbs. Miso Paste - Gluten Free
2 tbs. Butter
2 tbs. Honey
3/4 tbs. Rice Vinegar (non seasoned)
1 tbs Tamari - Gluten Free Soy
1 clove garlic minced
1" finger of ginger grated
1 tsp of Thai chili garlic paste

Combine all ingredients together and heat over low/med heat to mix.

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
dredge all breasts through glaze and lay on broiling pan. Bake for 20 min at 375.

Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze for Steamed Sweet Peas

1 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple (could use canned or juice)
1 tbs. honey
1/2 tbs butter
1 tbs roughly chopped ginger
1 clove chopped garlic
1 tbs tamari

Combine all ingredients over med heat. Once hot, not boiling, add to blender and blend on high until smooth. (I have a Vitamix, so it works very well to break down even the tough ginger. If yours doesn't I would suggest grating the ginger again.) I forgot that I usually add some green onions to my teriyaki and it would have helped to balance it, though maybe as a topping because I am not sure how they would hold up to the blending.

2 Cups Sugar Snap Peas

Steam pea pods for 5 min remove and add to heated Pineapple glaze. Cover and keep warm.

The Quinoa was made as directed as soon as the chicken went in the oven.

My husband and I both cleaned our plates. This recipe made three equal portions, and was 588 kcal per serving. It paired beautifully with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.

It was relatively easy to make, though a bit to clean up, but totally worth it.

Namaste friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going, going... Gone (and Goofy for good!)

Self-care for the Resistance