Goodbye & Good Riddance 2015!

I know that hard times cultivate the most growth, but this year was almost too much to bear. I started 2015 by turning 40 and running a marathon and a half in two consecutive days. Returning home from that race, I was tired. I didn't want to run any more. I wanted to rest, to eat, to drink, and to just be. I did all of those things, and then my world was turned upside down. I have had more stress this year, than ever in my life. I am not sure that I have coped with my stress in the best way. I ate too much, drank way too much, and got a bit lost. In short, I think this blog is perfectly titled as I am still seeking my strength.

Looking back on 2015, I find that I made it through and thankfully my family is still intact. We all survived. I am ready to move beyond the lessons that 2015 brought, to say thank you but no more!

I am ready for the dawn of 2016, and I am excited. I am not waiting for January 1st to make the changes I desire. I felt the pull to start at the winter solstice. Working out again, eating healthy food, drinking more water, and avoiding alcohol. Last week wasn't easy, but this week has been better. I am sleeping better, and have more energy. I am ready for my head cold to be done so that I can slowly get back into a running routine. I will be joining the Yoga Camp, a free online yoga class starting January 1st, and I have also signed up for the 8 week whole body makeover from the DailyOM (a sliding scale for payment).

I am most excited about the upcoming learning experiences I have scheduled. In January I will be taking The Way of the Shaman basic workshop. I have chosen my drum materials and will be making my drum this weekend. It will be buffalo and willow. The buffalo signifies abundance, healing and peace and the willow bark is for mental clarity. Taking this class is grabbing hold and owning my Lakota roots. In February I will be taking level 2 of Craniosacral Therapy, and I am really looking forward to that weekend as well. I feel my skills are deepening, and I am increasing my capacity to help others heal.

I am reigniting this blog to chronicle this year and the changes that occur. It will be a mixture of fitness, healing, and growth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story

Dare to Lose Participant Bio

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly