No Setback, only Comebacks

Today is a new day!

I have had a great summer. It was so fantastic to travel with my family and feel really good about myself the entire time. However, now that I have returned from my last trip it is time to get honest. I ate unhealthy foods, I drank more alcohol than I needed, and I stopped lifting weights. The result of all of those things is: my clothes are tight, I am tired, and I just don't feel as good as when Dare to Lose ended. The way I see it these are my options:
  1. Let it completely derail all of my accomplishments
  2. Be afraid to go back to the gym out of embarrassment
  3. Get back on track and use all of the tools I have gained to hit my goal
I am choosing number 3. Although I am not going to pretend that I haven't thought about #2 a lot. 


 All of this travel has taught me something about myself: this journey will be a lifelong process and I am never giving up. It is ok, I am ok. I had an active summer full of hitting my running goals. I was able to PR a 5k and finish in the top 10 of my age group, as well as a PR at my half marathon. I hiked, SUPed, and ran a lot. I also took time off of logging my food and drinking all the water I had been. Those were pretty big setbacks, but I am resolved to do better starting today.

I have 17 weeks until my Marathon Weekend at Disney World, and I as my runs increase I am confident that my weight will decrease and my strength will return. I am ready, I am confident, and I will do this! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing starts with Forgiveness and...good food.

Going, going... Gone (and Goofy for good!)

Self-care for the Resistance