No rest for the...zzzzzz

This has been an exhausting week! I am so tired, and not all that proud of my nutrition choices this week. I have been hungry, stressed, and sleep deprived. This has led to giving in to cravings and eating too many calories. I am choosing to see this as learning experience; I am human. I turned to comfort foods in this time of stress, and I had TWO Dr Peppers. I am so ashamed! I went six weeks soda free, back to day zero. (It was so good and totally worth it!) 

Truth!

Every day and every meal is an opportunity to make healthy choices. So I sit here today ready to choose better, but to keep listening to my body. If I am hungry and I really feel the need to eat, I will eat. I just need to make sure that I am really hungry and not dehydrated or experiencing the effects of eating salty or sweet food. 

I am so happy the weekend is here, hopefully that will allow me to catch up on much needed sleep. I haven't had a decent nights sleep all week. I have been dealing with a puppy who has decided he is too good to sleep in his crate and my 2 yr old has had a fever for the past two nights. These things shall pass. It is all part of living. 

Some days you are the windshield, this week I was the bug!


I am proud of myself for not giving up completely. I have not gained anything this week, and really when I look at my food diary I may have been 200 to 300 calories over my goal, but I still always had less in and more out. I think it is important to remember that a setback doesn't have to derail you for good. Time to pick myself up, dust myself off, and pony up! I am so close to my goal to have a healthy BMI, and really close to hitting my weight loss goal as well. I can honestly saw that I am so excited to be heading into swim suit season, and our beach vacations this year. That is huge! 

One day at a time, one step at a time, one meal at a time...I got this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going, going... Gone (and Goofy for good!)

Healing starts with Forgiveness and...good food.

My Story