Halfway Point


My fellow participants in this crazy competition! 


I am starting to notice significant changes! I feel good and strong. My clothes are fitting better, and friends are telling me that I look good. It is such a great feeling; to see results of all the hard work and all the sore muscles. I think I have been sore for six weeks straight, but I don't mind as much anymore.

We had a weigh in on Saturday and I lost 4 lbs and now am 149 lbs!That means that there is one less weight lever on the scale to move, yippee!  I have now lost 11 lbs in the past 6 weeks, just 1 lb short of my goal to lose 2 lbs a week. My body fat is 31% down from 35% (check out this link on body fat if you want more information). If I go back to my  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly post I can see that this means I have lost 10 lbs of fat, not so good to have lost a pound of lean body mass, but happy that it is mostly fat.
I think the biggest change so far is that I have lost 4.5 inches off of my waist and 4.5 inches off my hips! No wonder my clothes are fitting better.

I am also happy to report that my calf is feeling much better. I was able to run 3.5 miles on Thursday and Friday. It still feels a little weak, but no pain. I am a little slow, but at least I can get back at it. A very good thing considering I have a 10 k in 5 weeks and was hoping to set a PR (personal record). I am still hoping that I can finish in under 60 min, but I may have to reconsider as I get closer. I am just not ready to let go of that dream yet.

For now it is back to the gym and time to add in an evening run. I am happy to feel more energized and ready to hit my "healthy" BMI of 24.9 at the next weigh in. As my friend and fellow participant Kenn says:


http://images.fitness-digest.com/meme/view/Sweaty/534818ddee5d1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story

Dare to Lose Participant Bio

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly